Fill Your Cup – take a breath before jumping into another busy week.
A Few Moments to Take Care of Yourself
You can take just 10 – 30 minutes on these prompts to write, draw or paint each week. Read through the journal prompts and let them get you started; respond to what strikes you and leave the rest. Or simply take the journal topic and go in your own direction – this is about what YOU need.
For this week let's look at our own self care and the notion of ‘taking a breath'.
Breathing is life. Are you breathing freely?
- List – 10 words or concepts you associate with “breathe.”
- Does focusing on your breath help you sit with feelings of anger or fear? When do you most need to “just breathe?” Is pausing and focusing on your breath a waste of time?
- Who are you waiting on to give you permission to breathe? How can you give yourself that permission?
- Breathing has a rhythm – inhale, taking in, and exhale, pushing out. Do your days have a breath to them? Does your week have a breathing rhythm? How can you add some gentle rhythm to your day?
- When your children were babies did you wake at night to look for their breath? Perhaps you do that now. What would you tell that mother in the dark listening for breathing?
Will you join us in taking a breath and regrouping on the weekends? To receive each new prompt in your email you can sign up here. If you are already a CWK newsletter member you'll need to enter your email and then it will ask you to update your profile information so that you can add yourself to the journal group.
The CWK community and I would love to hear about your take on this journal prompt – feel free to share with us as much as you are comfortable in the comments.
PS – don't miss it this next intro class! June 26th 1pm and 9pm EDT