It’s ok for it to be easy…
Sometimes we get so bombarded with ideas about what will make the holidays special that we can begin to think that the only way to truly make the season bright is to complete a long list of tasks or to push ourselves to extremes to do just the “right” activities. You don’t have to have to have excess time and energy to enjoy the holidays. Let the time and energy you have be enough.
What matters at Christmas is connection not perfection.
7 Ridiculously Simple Ways to Keep Your Christmas Connected and Fun
These may seem goofy, but they are super simple ways to connect and relax with the people you love, and things just this simple can feel magical to your kids.
- Be on a Christmas lights or decoration hunt the next time you’re out and about – point out the decorations to your kids. You can also make this a treasure hunt: Who can spot the next nativity? Who can find Santa with his reindeer?
- Play an easy Christmas themed game, such as Elf, Reindeer, Santa,(aka rock, paper, scissors) or Christmas Fortune Teller while you wait in line or have a few minutes.
- Sing Christmas carols in the car.
- Rate Christmas carols you hear on the radio.
- Chat about what’s happening in the North Pole right now.
- Hold a cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa with two hands and take a moment to inhale the aroma.
- Look someone in the eye and smile at them.
We’re on a mission to keep Christmas cozy and simple here on Bounceback Parenting. We have a great resource for you if you'd like to enjoy a connection with simple fun activities this year:
Keeping Christmas Cozy – Free printable Cozy Christmas Packet – join any time before December 24th and you'll also get one simple activity idea a week in your inbox.